Thursday, November 19, 2009

Putting it into perspective


(Miles with companion, Elder Mostert)





Well guys, in emails I've told you about my physical well-being, so let me tell you how I am doing spiritually.
It's hard being here alone, away from you. I miss my bed, Freya (his lizard), Guitar Hero with Jotty, long talks with Mom, MST3K with Dad...but I do like it here, and I know this is where I need to be.
We watched a film yesterday (we get to watch one every Sunday)about Joseph Smith and I couldn't figure out why this is so hard for me. I mean, along with teaching, he organized the church and recorded revelation. On top of that, he was lied to, betrayed, slandered, beaten; he lost children and was eventually murdered...all in the name of the same Gospel that I am called to teach. But I don't have to worry about persecution, family problems, or anything else and I am only out for two years. I couldn't understand why it was hard to me. So I decided to re-dedicate myself to the work right then and there.
So, even though we work a lot, we get an hour of gym a day. I've been playing volleyball a lot. Let me tell you...the Tongan missionaries know how to play! And they don't care about points either; they just want to hit the ball.
It snows here too---I haven't made a snowman yet, or hit anyone with a snowball but the time will come (bahaha). Everyone can tell that I never see snow because I'm like, "Hey! It's snowing!" and they're like, "Yeah, whatever."
That's all I have to say right now. As selfish as it sounds, please keep praying for me. Let me know how Freya is doing.
Oh, yeah-Dad, we DO get to hear General Authorities speak. One of the Twelve is supposed to come next week...for a Q and A session. We heard from Elder Walker of the First Quorum of the Seventy and we heard from Sister Sherry Dew last night.
One more thing: I've seen Joey Bateman, Aaron Ellis and Stefanie Barker. Aaron lives one floor above and Stefanie is in my branch. And Jotty, I saw Danny Clark too---you know, "Master Boot-to-the-Head" from EFY.
Okay, Goodbye- Thanks for everything you do for me. I love you all so much!
Elder Parker

1 comment:

  1. I sure miss that kid! we always remember to pray for Uncle Miles. I wish I had the viewpoint he does. love him! Thanks Mom & Dad!!

    ReplyDelete