Monday, November 16, 2009

Roger that...communication is clear

16 Nov 2009

I'm just about to finish my second week here at the MTC. It's gotten a lot better. The past few days have been rough, but I finally got the hang of it all. I'm getting the hang of teaching the lessons, still working on the teaching by the Spirit though. Espanol is getting better too.
We get to go to the temple every Monday, and the past few times I've learned something new. When I went with Jason to Salt Lake (which was by the way amazing--so much is symbolic), I learned why God divided the land from the sea BEFORE he divided the light from the darkness. Hermano Coles asked us to ponder one while we were there. He asked us "How did Moses know what to do to free the Israelites, when all God showed him was the creation?" After I thought about it, his question made sense. What did the creation teach him? The coolest thing is that my companion and I got the same answer. By viewing the creation, Moses witnessed the infinite power and wisdom of God. Therefore Moses relied on His strength to free the Israelites. The reason was to show forth His power. And the water before the light and darkness thing, Jason pointed out that in order to have day and night, you need an atmosphere. And how do you get an atmosphere? you need water. That's why God divided the water and land before he divided day and night.

MTC facilities are great. These building are old, but they are well maintained. Food is quite plentiful, and it's pretty good. I do miss your cooking though, and dad's grilling. My companion is still awesome. Once again he's patient with me all the time. Typical days include almost four hours of study time and six or seven hours of class.
Oh, I forgot! The Japanese restaurant was amazing. We all had a blast, and it was really great to see Kim and Ariel again. The coolest thing is that they were both in the same Book of Mormon class, and they had never met until we went to dinner. Jason sure was nice to pay for it. I told him that I had it covered, but then he told me he would. I argued, and then he made a point (won't tell you what it was…it's between me and him) so we all had a great time, especially since we got a hibachi and a cook.
I’m running low on time. I wasn't able to type much cuz the keyboard is sticky. Oh, and make sure you e-mail, or send me a letter through dear.elder.com , so I know that you guys are getting my e-mail. I'm pretty sure I got your address right.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment