Sunday, November 1, 2009

Elder Miles Parker embarks on his travels

Today was an emotional one as Miles had to say goodbye to all his friends before leaving for Utah tomorrow afternoon (Monday). We had an "open house" for him tonight at the church and we had a great turn-out. Then afterwards, we (Miles, Jim, Jotty and I) went to Dothan so the Stake President could set him apart as a missionary. Kira and Ben came too.
Monday he will say goodbye to the seminary kids and then he flys out of the Dothan airport at 2:00.
Jason and Michelle will meet him at the SLC airport and take him to the Salt Lake Temple on Tuesday and to see two of his friends, Ariel and Kim, who attend BYU right now. I guess Jason will be his companion until he enters the MTC on Wednesday.
As I hear from Miles,um...Elder Parker...I will post to this blog. I will also post his address as soon as I get it.
Keep Elder Parker in your prayers!
Later, Jan

1 comment:

  1. ok, but you better be diligent in keeping up with this one!!! love ya!

    ReplyDelete