Thursday, February 11, 2010

Don't have much time right now so I'll make this quick.

You got it on the first try Mom...Elder Foote and I both have Tourette's Syndrome.
I don't know if Elder Foote takes meds for his Tourette's--I never asked him. Yes, he was in the MTC with me.

I'm really sorry to hear about Bro. McClean. I think he did miss his wife--he changed a lot after her death. Hopefully he is happy right now.

A quick spiritual experience: We finished visiting a less active family and had a little extra time, so we needed something to do. I suggested that we go to the house of one of our investigators (who is set for baptism) to see how she is doing. When we got there, she told us how her friend has been very evil to her lately and had been calling her a "bruja" (witch). Then a man came in to talk to someone else that lives there (she doesn't own the house), and started talking very obscenely and grossly. She started to get upset and frustrated, which led later to tears. Elder Couoh started to comfort her and shared a scripture with her. After a little more talk and support, we left. Elder Couoh said that we were there at the right moment. She needed that support. If we weren't there, we wouldn't have known how bad her condition was at home. The people that live around her are bad influences, and she's trying to be faithful. Through combined efforts with the Bishop and Relief Society, we found her somewhere else to live. She has been an amazing example to me, and has showed an incredible amount of strength and faith. The gospel has the power to change people. I can't wait to have her accompany us as we teach lessons. She will touch the lives of others, just as she has touched mine.

There is much joy to be felt when you teach people about the gospel on your mission. When you teach a single mother who is abused by her ex-spouses about how Jesus Christ has forgiven her sins, and that He knows how to help her; when you teach a young man about how he will be able to see his dead father again; when you teach two little children about how their mother is ok, and that they will be able to live with her for eternity...these experiences have been most rewarding to me.

Dad, that is so cool that you get to meet with Elder Ballard! I love hearing from the general authorities.

I love you all very much. Take care.

Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment