Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas-week 8

Christmas was spectacular! I loved all the gifts you guys gave me. I also got a package from Grandma Meservy and Aunt Carla. Elder L. Tom Perry spoke to us in the morning, and Greg Olsen (the painter) spoke to us in the evening.

Christmas was quite an interesting experience. Homesickness finally hit me before I went to bed on Christmas Eve. So I prayed for comfort and love. Sure enough, I recieved it. I felt a stronger connection with the Savior also. This was a time when I desperately needed it. I have never been away from home for so long. I have never been away from home on such a holiday as Christmas, which is meant to be spent with families, but the Savior filled that void in my life. It was something small when compared to the grand scheme of things, but somthing so strong at the same time. All I could hear was the Lord whispering, in my head, "Miles, it's ok. Your family is fine, and so are you. Lean on me, and I will support you. I will be with you today and always. I am your friend, and I love you. Don't forget that."

I've never been this close to the Savior before in my life. I've never before felt His love so personally before. I want you ALL to know that I know that the Savior lives, and that He will comfort us when we are sad. He will attend to us when we are alone. He will love us when we are unloved. He will support us when we are abandoned. This is my testimony. I'm so anxious to get out in the field, so that I can teach people how to feel as I have. I want you to know to that you can feel this way too. Just rely on the Lord. Don't forget to include Him in your daily plans. Pray and read scriptures every day, and I promise you will get to know Him personally.

Once again, the computers here are slow, so I lost a lot of time waiting for my e-mails to load up. I'm sorry that it's not that long. And I hope what I said can help you guys out whenever you feel stressed.

I love you,
Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment