Saturday, August 7, 2010

Aug 5, 2010

Yes. I got both packages. Thank you and tell the Todd's I said thank you too. You guys sent a load of stuff. I didn't have to buy much today. Just some milk, tajin powder, T.P., and Mexican candy. Mexican candy is weird, but I like it. I think it's an acquired taste.

People in the ward treat us nicely, but that's about it. Spanish people are a little too nice to say no, so they say yes (to whatever it is they say they'll do) and then bail out at the last minute. I still like them though. Some of them are mega-awesome members.
Well, welfare problems are over, but thank you for the help. I understand it a lot better now.

It's funny how you mentioned that now that I've been out this long (8 months), I'd start getting leadership positions. Well.... now I'm training a new missionary that just got off the plane. His name is Elder Meiners. He is from Maryland, and from a family of 8. I'm a Dad - hahahaha. We got off to a really good start, and he and I get along very well. He has a really strong desire to serve, has a great heart and is a hard worker . His Spanish is pretty good too, cuz he had 2 years in high school. I'm glad I got a good “son“. I was really worried that I'd have to put up with a hard-headed, immature missionary. But this guy is nothing like that. He is the man.

To answer your question mom, my last companion was Elder Berkey. We got along really well. He’s from Gary, Indiana, but didn't like it when people would start singing the Music Man, so he said he was from Chicago, (which is technically right..he was only a short drive away from Chicago). He really helped me get over smaller things and how not to worry and stress out.

Yes, I am wearing sunscreen, but only on certain occasions. I don't wear it every day, but I don't get burned either. The bike helmet shades my face, and of course I'm wearing slacks. I thought it was pretty strange that the sun is extremely strong over here, very bright, yet I don't get burned. I think it's because I've been gradually getting used to it. My legs are REALLY white but my face and arms are tan. Just to let you know that although the weather is awfully hot, is not that bad. Humidity is the worst during the heat, and because we have negative humidity (not really, but it is REALLY dry here), I can take the heat despite sweating a lot. (yucky)

It's good to hear that all is going well, even though you are busy. I appreciate you guys continuing to email me every week. I love you very much and I hope that you are able to have the strength to do what you need to get done. I'm glad for the example that you've set for me. Take care!
con mucho amor,
Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment